Friday, September 18, 2009

A New Chapter of Living

I have begun what I hope will be a new chapter in my life. A new chapter marked by several slow changes that I have been trying to implement in my life, but I want to mention one of these changes in this blog today.

I just took the step of getting myself involved in the local chapter of the Green Party here in Sweden. I have made a point of not talking much about politics in this blog, as I intended it to be more oriented towards culture. But things tend to become broader then what first was thought out to be the world of Suecae. This blog was after all intended to only be about my own music from the beginning. An idea that soon had to be complemented in favour of my increasing interest in photography. And then in the end I started to write about my own experiences of life.


Yta, captured 2009

I mention becoming involved in the Green party because because it is a personal decision of significance. I also hope that it will provide me with an arena to use my personal experiences of healthcare and social security to influence society in the direction of being more sensible towards people with different needs and abilities in society. To recognice and cherish the difference of human experience and stop seeing people who are not able to work full time as a burden.

I do not intend to change this blog into propaganda for my views and opinions, there are enough good and terrible blogs about politics as it is. I write about this because I feel that I want to share this with those of you who have supported me, quietly or vocally. Especially some of the remarkable women out there in the blogosphere, who impress me with their solidarity and life loving attitude almost every time I stumble across their blogs.Thank you all for coloring the invisible web of the Internet into something real and tangible. I hope to be able to continue to paint the web myself, but if I before used a lot of black and white I hope to add more sparkling colors as I go along.

7 comments:

Susanne Iles said...

Very exciting news! Your blog has always been an inspiration...I can't wait to read more about your journey.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh Robert...I am so deeply touched this morning - you have no idea!! I have watched your blog bloom as I have watched you bloom into this amazing man!!! I am blessed to know you and love that you have offered up who you are and what life is from your perspective! You are truly amazing!!
I say - whoo hoo LET FLY with the politics!!! I can't wait to read more!! Huge hugs hon, Sarah

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I applaud you for supporting the three solidarities: animals, nature and the ecological system by becoming a supporter of the Green Party. In light of your last post, one can only hope for support such as yours for future generations to enjoy this earth as it was meant to be. Blogging is a funny thing..we evolve through it and our true voice comes through. Here's looking for more of your voice!

Felicia Monique said...

"Thank you all for coloring the invisible web of the Internet into something real and tangible. I hope to be able to continue to paint the web myself, but if I before used a lot of black and white I hope to add more sparkling colors as I go along."

Beautiful and creative writing. How wonderful your journey must be for you! Namasté

Tammie Lee said...

I find it wonderful that you are finding situations in life that you would like to add your heart and actions to make it better. Thank you for following what feels meaningful and right to you!

julochka said...

i think it's marvelous how our blogs evolve with us...we intend one thing when we start out and they take us on a journey. i think your new chapter sounds marvelous and i hope you will talk about your new green politics. :-)

Renee said...

I think that you are joining something that is recognized as being of value all over the world.

Renee xoxo